Re: Please check if these packages should be removed

* Matej Vela wrote:

> Okay, orphaned for now (#360632).

Thanks.

> Back in January[1], the consensus seemed to be that it's too early to
> remove ieee80211.  Is this still the case?

Testing now has 2.6.15. I successfully used the modules from 2.6.15 (and now
2.6.16). I can only repeat, that packaging ipw2?00 building against a
packaged ieee80211 was really difficult. Official build instructions from
upstream involved messing around with installed files.

In my opinion it is not worth the effort to maintain the packages outside the
kernel. The modules are pretty mature and development pace has slowed down,
so that it is reasonable to wait for new kernels for new versions of the
drivers.

Regards,
Sebastian

--