Status of compiler transitions

Revised and updated version of a message I sent a while back.
This is the status of the compiler transitions.

****
The following packages are still linked with g++ 2.95 (!):

flashplugin-nonfree (presumably unavoidable)

xmovie -- currently in NEW queue

****
The following library packages still need renaming for the C++ ABI change
(see http://people.debian.org/~djpig/gcc-transition/, among others):
Neither is in testing.

log4cpp -- in NEW queue

postgis -- uninstallable, maintainer appears to be MIA

***
The following library packages need renaming for the
C++ allocator change.  None are in testing.

alps-light1 -- currently uninstallable
aqsis -- DANGER! DANGER! There was an NMU without changing the library name!
ivtools -- incidentally the only library which
           hadn't made the c2 transition on all release architectures
openalpp-cvs
openvrml
osgal-cvs
osgcal -- currently uninstallable
plptools -- library needs to be split off
sim -- orphaned, currently uninstallable
sqlxx -- currently uninstallable

***
There are too many applications built with g++ 3.3 to worry about
getting all of them until we finish the libraries.  :-P  Anyway, they're
still listed at http://people.debian.org/~mfurr/gxx/uninstallable.html.

I haven't even tried to think about the packages which need a rebuild to
pick up the c2a dependencies.  Perhaps the best way to do that is with
a page like the one for the g++3.3 transition.

Unfortunately that page won't catch these; we need the equivalent for packages
which depend on a package which existed before Nov 17, when the c2a transition
started.  Such a page would be a very good idea.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

"(Instead, we front-load the flamewars and grudges in
the interest of efficiency.)" --Steve Lanagasek,