Re: xlibs-dev transition; packages with adjusted dependencies needing upload

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 12:25:47AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 02:17:06PM -0800, Marc Singer wrote:
>
> > > Here is what vorlon tought me to do:
>
> > > cd packagesrc-0.0/
> > > autoconf
>
> > I don't think that this is valid.  You don't know if a package uses
> > autoconf.  Moreover, there may be a reason why the package uses an
> > older autoconf than the one you have installed.
>
> Any reasons for using an older autoconf that aren't transitory are bad
> reasons. :)  autoconf2.13 is ancient, unsupported, and won't stay around
> forever, within Debian or otherwise.  And it has bugs.  Like this one. :)

It was *stuck* on my machine because of a diversion.  I had to
uninstall both version and then reinstall 2.50 to get the latest
version to be the default.

So, no there is no good reason to use the older version.  It's just
the packages didn't automatically upgrade.

Cheers.