Re: xlibs-dev transition; packages with adjusted dependencies needing upload

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 03:57:01AM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> Marc Singer wrote:
> > I was wrong, the package does use autoconf.  I'm not doing the build,
> > the autobuilder is.
>
> Here is what vorlon tought me to do:
>
> cd packagesrc-0.0/
> autoconf

I don't think that this is valid.  You don't know if a package uses
autoconf.  Moreover, there may be a reason why the package uses an
older autoconf than the one you have installed.

> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us -b
> cd ..
> pbuilder build package*dsc
>
> Do you want me to test this for you and generate a package the
> autobuilder might like better?

This wouldn't have helped in the case of this package.  Rerunning
autoconf didn't change the configure script.  I updated it to
autoconf2.50 which is the version patched to fix the bug elicited by
these X library changes.

  <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=327655>

Cheers.