Re: Can we remove xpcd?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Justin Pryzby wrote:

Can we remove xpcd?

Hmmm, I would prefer if the long standing bugs with patches would be
fixed.

Package reported obsolete upstream

Even if reported obsolete this package is know to be robust in showing
Kodak PCDs while other programs sometimes fail (like ImageMagic that
showed some bugs in the past)

FTBFS bug no response
Probable MIA maintainer
Not in testing

If this is reasonable to someone else, then file the RM bug.

In the first place it would be reasonable if the maintainer would
orphan a package that he is not able to maintain.  If someone else
would make the effort to take it over (in this case perhaps me) I
see no reason to remove it.

Kind regards

            Andreas.

--