Re: Candidates for removal

Russ Allbery writes:
 > Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:
 >
 > >  1340 days: trn (0 waiting, new pkg, has RC bugs) [Matthew Vernon]
 > >   49 popcon installs of which 32 'old', 1 'recent', 1 'nofiles'
 > >    Non-free.  Non-free trn4 (provides trn) is substantially better maintained.
 > >    Maintainer should probably be warned before removal.
 >
 > Note that trn4 is *not* a simple replacement for trn.  It has a similar
 > interface but a completely different configuration system and a different
 > (and disjoint) set of bugs.

Indeed. Note also that the trn maintainer doesn't use trn any more
(having migrated to gnus years ago), so if anyone is masochistic
enough to try and deal with the awful code, I'd be happy to pass it
on.

Otherwise, maybe I should find some tuits for trn.

Matthew

--
Rapun.sel - outermost outpost of the Pick Empire
http://www.pick.ucam.org