Re: Proposal for collaborative maintenance of packages

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Russ Allbery wrote:
> You just lost the people that I'm talking about.  I can explain a
> changeset, but merges are deep black magic that are extremely difficult to
> understand except at a highly abstract level, and when using a distributed
> VCS, they have to deal with merges all the time.

Well, these are not people I would give write access to a repository for
doing Debian packaging work, then.

Note that contributions in the form of patches or of another sort (can we
say "we always need better documentation" out loud? :-) ) is always very
welcome, so they would not be left out if they really want to help.

  Henrique Holschuh