Re: Proposal for collaborative maintenance of packages

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Stephan Hermann wrote:

What you are suggesting is already there. It's called "hct" and it's keybuks child. So, seeing this in an environment of Ubuntu: I think (or I hope) hct will be included in launchpad, and then we will include some parts of REVU3 (I hope :)) into launchpad as well. You can read everything on http://wiki.launchpad.canonical.com, especially the part about Soyuz. For the REVU2 part, you can read the spec on https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/revu .

hct looks very cool and does seem to solve some of the problems that are considered here. When I read https://wiki.launchpad.canonical.com/HCT , I get the sense that it's not actually released yet. Is that the case? If not, how can one start using it?

Thanks. I agree with the Ubuntu side of this discussion that dealing with non-distributed svn would be a pain; I don't have any experience with svnk, however.

-- Asheesh.

--
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,
there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.