Re: Candidates for removal

>On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 10:15 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> 1266 days: tuxtype (0 waiting, new pkg, has RC bugs) [Rune B. Broberg]
>>  Copyright issues (see bug 218908).  Jeroen wrote "let's see if someone
>>  interested jumps in, otherwise, removal seems to be the best option to me."
>>  -- on 21 June.  Someone said that they were trying to make a sponsored
>>  upload on 18 August; I've pinged them.
>
>I hope Debian-Junior guys will do some action ...
>It would be a shame to loose this nice thing.

Well, I just looked at the bug, and I think I can help out somewhat.

I was the original creator of Tux Typing and maintained it up to the 1.0
release. After that, I passed on maintainer-ship over to Jesse Andrews
(see this
http://www.samhart.com/snh/oldnews/2002-Apr-news.shtml#2002Apr7-23:27)

Nearly every graphic, sound and animation was something that I created
except for a few images which were pulled from the Copyright Free Photo
Archive here: http://gimp-savvy.com/PHOTO-ARCHIVE/index.html

Beyond the 1.0 release, there may have been some graphics that
originated from somewhere else, I'm afraid you'd have to track down and
ask Jesse Andrews for those details.

However, I'm more than willing to do whatever I need to to ensure that
the graphics and sounds I've created have some sort of copyright or text
associated with them to make them work inside the DFSG. I can certainly
identify those images and sounds that I personally created (many of the
sounds, for example, are me doing things like taking a bite out of an
apple or saying things like "excuse me"). I can also identify which
images came from the Copyright Free Photo Archive.

If anyone is willing to work with me to identify what /specifically/ is
needed for it, I'd be more than obliged.

(FWIW, this was something we actually struggled with in Tux4Kids and
later at OSEF... we never really found a license that did for media what
other FLOSS licenses do for software. So, honestly, the lack of any real
text describing license or copyright was because we were at a loss as to
what to use.)

--
.O.                                         Sam Hart, sam@progeny.com