I want to help in man pages

Hi everybody, I want to introduce myself

I'm from Brazil and currently running Debian AMD64 unofficial port on my private Athlon 64 machine.
I started using Debian after a phew testings in another distributions and find Debian is the true GNU spirit and I wanted to contribute in some ways:
- moving some of the companies I work to from closed systems to Debian, which is currently going very well in the first I tryied;
- asking companies to contribute $$ to Debian since they don't need to pay lots of money to "you know who" anymoré;
- asking people in the www list if they need help to translate web pages to portuguese-brazillian.

After that I saw that there is a lot man pages needing to be made in english and/or translated to brazillian portuguese, so, I want to know how or who I have to ask to and start helping in this process, since I have some experience in writing software documentation and translation in my professional recent past. So why not help opensource to be better?
Everything I learned about linux, gnu and Debian was reading documents, I want to help this effort for the other users.

Thanks in advance
Flavio Henrique A. Gurgel
Sao Paulo - Brazil