Re: Idea for maintaining packages up for adoption

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 04:14:38PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
It's possible that we over-estimate the "pros" but doing this can't harm
us, so there's no reason for you to stop us.

Who's stopping you? I'm not allowed to have the opinion that it's an
oversold idea? I already said that if you tried to sell it merely as a
way to facilitate package maintainence I'd agree. (I'd also point out
that's hardly revolutionary.) When it gets spun as the greatest thing
since sliced bread that will somehow allow disenfrachised people to
submit patches to debian I'm going to call bullshit. If its spun as a
way to create debian packages that are maintained completely without
debian maintainers I'm going to call it a bad idea, period. Again, if
you want a way to distribute .deb's that are created & maintained by
people other than debian developers you'll find that notquitedebian.org
is available.

(help, help, I'm being oppressed)

Mike Stone