Re: Idea for maintaining packages up for adoption

Benjamin Bayart wrote:
> I do understand the difficulty to find people to maintain those
> packages. More over I understand this in my area: my main "skill" in
> free software is about TeX, and we are not many to be skilled in that
> area. To find people being skilled in TeX *and* in Debian and having
> enough time to do both jobs is hard.

For this particular situation, have you ever contacted the other TeX
maintainers?  There's also a debian-tetex-maint mailing list for
coordination.  I could imagine that one of them would be willing to
co-maintain the package with you and sponsor uploads.

> Another way to say it: if someone provides a patch, and if there is
> no maintainer, the patch should be applied, instead of leaving a bug
> alive.

No patch should be applied blindly just because there is a patch.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Linux - the choice of a GNU generation.