Re: Removing old orphaned packages?

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 05:38:16AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> I made a list of packages orphaned more than one year ago together with
> some information like popcon stats and reverse dependencies.
>
> You can find it at http://people.debian.org/~djpig/oldorphanages
>
> Based on this list and further investigations I propose to remove
> the following packages. I have been very aggressively while preparing
> that list. Many of these don't have any bugs and probably will never
> cause any as they are simply not used... But lets remove them now
> if someone really needs them he has time enough until etch to
> reintroduce them (especially with current NEW speeds :)
> If noone objects I will post the list debian-devel in a few days and
> reassign the bugs another week or so later...
[...]
> [rest of the list tomorrow, longer than I expected :)]

Here it is:

wordinspect, orphaned 657 days ago, upstream 7 years old, two important
bugs that seem to limit its functionality, probably alternatives available,
small install base

phototk, orphaned 662 days ago, upstream about 7 years old, many
alternatives available, small install base

w3mir, orphaned 662 days ago, upstream about 3 years old, many
alternatives, maintainer suggested removal in O: bug, small install
base

pup, orphaned 690 days ago, upstream about 5 years old, which probably
means that none of the supported printers is sold (and perhaps even
used) anymore, very small install base

bock, orphaned 696 days ago, Debian native, alternatives are probably
way better, no install base

cce, orphaned 784 days ago, 2 RC bugs which limit functionality, new
upstream version available, very small install base

lpkg, orphaned 784 days ago, upstream 7 years old, don't know if someone
even has a Newton still, popcon stats seem to suggest not

epic4-script-thirdeye, orphaned 843 days ago, upstream 5 years old,
very small install base

nase-a60, orphaned 1163 days ago, upstream 6 years old, no install base

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/