Re: libunicode help required

Andrew Pollock wrote:
| On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 10:06:15AM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
|
|>I don't see any problems with my patch, though I started with running
|>autoupdate before executing the other commands. It builds without any
|>problem and it has the 'pass_all' as expected.
|>
|>Can you please ellaborate what the problem is? You can find the
|>resulting patch at http://zeus.ugent.be/~luk/libunicode.patch
|>

| Hi,

Hi Andrew

| Did you follow the instructions to the letter? (Did I for that matter?)

No, I just used autoconf (instead of the older autoconf2.13). It doesn't
always work and then it's time to use autoupdate. Using autoconf2.13 is
only appropriate IMHO when upstream denies to use autoconf proper.

| I've done a few of these updates, without major dramas.
|
| Here's what I've done, and where it fell over (this was with an autoupdate
| run first):
|
| apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ find . -name ltmain.sh
- -print0 | xargs -0 grep -H ^VERSION=
| ./ltmain.sh:VERSION=1.3.4
| apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ head -1 Makefile.in
| # Makefile.in generated automatically by automake 1.4 from Makefile.am
| apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ grep Generated configure
| head -1
| # Generated automatically using autoconf version 2.13
| apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ libtoolize --copy --force
| You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
| apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ aclocal-1.4
| apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ autoconf2.13

Try this with autoconf instead of autoconf2.13 and it should work (you
used autoupdate after all!).

| autoconf: Undefined macros:
| configure.in:40:AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile
| configure.in:47:AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS([default],[[case "$CONFIG_FILES" in
| configure.in:4:AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([unicode.h])
|

| dpkg-source: building libunicode in libunicode_0.4.0-3.dsc
|  debian/rules build
| dh_testdir
| ./configure --prefix=/usr
| creating cache ./config.cache
| ./configure: line 695: syntax error near unexpected token `unicode.h'
| ./configure: line 695: `AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR(unicode.h)'
| make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
| pbuilder: Failed autobuilding of package

Cheers

Luk