Re: libunicode help required

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 10:06:15AM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:

> I don't see any problems with my patch, though I started with running
> autoupdate before executing the other commands. It builds without any
> problem and it has the 'pass_all' as expected.
>
> Can you please ellaborate what the problem is? You can find the
> resulting patch at http://zeus.ugent.be/~luk/libunicode.patch

Hi,

Did you follow the instructions to the letter? (Did I for that matter?)

I've done a few of these updates, without major dramas.

Here's what I've done, and where it fell over (this was with an autoupdate
run first):

apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ find . -name ltmain.sh -print0 | xargs -0 grep -H ^VERSION=
./ltmain.sh:VERSION=1.3.4
apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ head -1 Makefile.in
# Makefile.in generated automatically by automake 1.4 from Makefile.am
apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ grep Generated configure | head -1
# Generated automatically using autoconf version 2.13
apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ libtoolize --copy --force
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ aclocal-1.4
apollock@caesar:~/debian/qa/libunicode-0.4.0$ autoconf2.13
autoconf: Undefined macros:
configure.in:40:AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile
configure.in:47:AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS([default],[[case "$CONFIG_FILES" in
configure.in:4:AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([unicode.h])

dpkg-source: building libunicode in libunicode_0.4.0-3.dsc
 debian/rules build
dh_testdir
./configure --prefix=/usr
creating cache ./config.cache
./configure: line 695: syntax error near unexpected token `unicode.h'
./configure: line 695: `AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR(unicode.h)'
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
pbuilder: Failed autobuilding of package

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://linux.conf.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux
April 18th to 23rd   -  http://linux.conf.au/  -       LINUX