Re: debcheck.php

* Nikita V. Youshchenko (yoush@cs.msu.su) [050123 11:50]:
> http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=unstable&package=libetpan states
> that there is a problem with my package (libetpan-dev), because it is
> optional and depends on extra libdb4.2-dev.
>
> However, in fact libdb4.2-dev is extra, as control file in binary deb
> states:
>
> Package: libetpan-dev
> Version: 0.35-2
> Section: libdevel
>
> So what's the problem?

The priorities are overridden by the ftp maintainence scripts. They
have:
aba@newraff:~$ /org/ftp.debian.org/katie/alicia libetpan-dev
libetpan-dev is in section 'libdevel' at priority 'optional'
aba@newraff:~$ /org/ftp.debian.org/katie/alicia libdb4.2-dev
libdb4.2-dev is in section 'libdevel' at priority 'extra'

So, this complaint is true. Please reply to the "priority disagrees with
your upload"-mail that you get on each upload to have the priorites in
the archive changed.

Cheers,
Andi
--