Re: debcheck.php

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 01:46:14PM +0300, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> Hello.
>
> http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=unstable&package=libetpan states
> that there is a problem with my package (libetpan-dev), because it is
> optional and depends on extra libdb4.2-dev.
>
> However, in fact libdb4.2-dev is extra, as control file in binary deb
> states:

> So what's the problem?

The override file says it's optional. It needs to be changed, as
currently there is indeed a disagreement between the package itself and
the override file. Note that in the Packages.gz file you'll find your
package as 'optional', since the override file takes precedence (hence
the name of that file).

Optional vs. extra currently isn't being enforced very well, so I
suggest to ignore this for now, or mail override-change@debian.org with
your changes (but it might take a while to get processed).

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl