Re: Candidates for oldlibs

On 2004-02-28 Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm suggesting these be moved to oldlibs.

> Opinions?  Agreement?  Disagreement?  Have I misunderstood the function of
> oldlibs?  ;-)
[...]
> libgnutls5 -- libgnutls7 and libgnutls10 are *both* available now
[...]

Imho all depending packages should be recompiled and gnutls5 should
be removed afterwards. gnutls5 and gnutls7 have the same API, i.e.
there are no changes to the sourcecode necessary, and it does not need
to be kept for comatibilty with older or commercial software, gnutls5
is too new for that.
             cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"