Re: a2ps borders problem after upgrade

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 11:26:35PM -0800, Nano Nano wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 09:12:33PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > There is no "new way"... as you'll note if you actually bother to look at
> > the BTS, there are numerous bugs filed since the maintainer uploaded a
> > broken CVS version and then effectively disappeared.  IMHO Sarge shouldn't
> > release with this mess in it, but I'm not the release manager.
> >
> > Step back to the non-CVS version and you'll be fine.  You think you need to
> > be running unstable, so you know how to do that, right?
>
> I sent the maintainer and debian-qa emails a while ago asking them to
> just revert to the N-1 version in sid and put this horribly broken one
> in experimental or something.

The reason why that didn't happen is because reverting is painful: you
have to introduce an epoch, which then has to stay around in the
package's version number forever. Or else you have to introduce some
very ugly versioning scheme.

Has anyone actually investigated the bugs and come up with fixes?
Perhaps upstream?