Re: Splitting ITA into two

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 06:29:18PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> I don't really know whether it's worth doing.  In particular, I'm not
> very happy about changing practices which many people know of.  It's
> bad enough to teach people that it's O: and not ITO: and changing it
> again now wouldn't help...

Yeah, a lot of wnpp modificiations are being done wrongly.

> Instead, I think energy should be put into moving WNPP away from the
> BTS and into something which can easily be parsed.  That way, we could
> keep track of ITAs much more efficiently.

Interesting idea. I don't know whether it's worth doing though... need
to thing about that :). It certainly has his advantages.

A middle road is also possible: a web interface with the BTS as backend
-- i.e., the webinterface would be optional (but highly preferred as it
does some sanity checks on modifications). Since this won't disable the
current wnpp practices, this can be done before a decision is made on
whether to move to a webinterface completely.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl