Re: libmng possibly in need of orphaning

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 02:53:59AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> The libmng package has not seen an upload since April 2003.  The
> maintainer of record is not a DD.  A four-month-old request for the new
> upstream version has just been escalated to grave, because it appears to
> include various important security fixes.
>
> It looks like this package is in serious need of orphaning.  Can someone
> in QA confirm this to their satisfaction and orphan the package?

Will look into it, but pinging & waiting for feedback might take one to
two months until the actual orphaning. Do you think more urgent
attention is needed? If so, I'll attempt to rush it, but maybe a NMU
will be needed for sarge still.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar