Re: removal of opie-*-fb?

Yes.  I've actually been working on this recently (finally got to a point
where I could do so) and have taken care of qt-embedded however I
previously authorized the removal of qt-x11 only to find out that OPIE is
sitll dependent on pieces of it which qt-embedded does not have and that
it cannot get from qt3 (or is incompatable with).

So it's come down to the choice of qt-x11 going back in (IMO in a stripped
down fashion only providing the pieces needed...ie minimal library with
moc & uic) or just removing OPIE until it get's ported to qt-embedded-free
& qt3.  The problem with the later is that who knows when that will
happen.

I'm not sure even how much the op-* packages are being used right now.

So:  1)  Remove OPIE until it get's ported to qt-embedded-free (ie qte3)
or   2)  Re-Add qt-x11

Suggestions/comments/concerns?

> Has any consideration been given to removing
> opie-{tools,themeing,settings,pim,multimedia,inputmethods,games,comnet,base,apps,applets}-fb
> from unstable?  There are RC bugs[1][2][3][4][5], some of them over a
> year old, holding this entire set of packages out of testing, and no
> sign of activity on any of them.
>
> Is there any reason why these packages should not be dropped from the
> archive?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Steve Langasek