Debian Package for Perl Net::Server

Hi,

we tried to contact the maintainer of libnet-server-perl for a while. We tried this via email and IRC but we were not able to contact him. Are you able to contact him?

We submitted a bugreport and a patch for the package more than 200 days ago. The problem for us is that the OpenCA packages for OpenCA 0.9.2 requires Net::Server. The actual problem is that we prepare the release of 0.9.2.0 and a security advisory. We expect that many users will use the advisory to update from 0.9.1 to 0.9.2 which will fail under Debian because Net::Server cannot handle the default webserver user of Debian. www-data contains the sign "-" which causes Net::Server v0.85 to fail. Actually we can delay the advisory for some days because the bug is not available via any public sources (incl. our CVS).

We don't like to frustrate our Debian users, so we are really interested in any informations how to get in touch with Luca Filipozzi and how we can help with the package.

Thanks in advance

Michael
Michael Bell                   Email: michael.bell@cms.hu-berlin.de
ZE Computer- und Medienservice            Tel.: +49 (0)30-2093 2482
(Computing Centre)                        Fax:  +49 (0)30-2093 2704
Humboldt-University of Berlin
Unter den Linden 6
10099 Berlin                   Email (private): michael.bell@web.de
Germany                                       http://www.openca.org