Re: distributed-net-pproxy

Adeodato Simó wrote:

>   There was a little discussion about distributed-net-pproxy last month:
>
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2004/07/msg00040.html
>
>   To make it easier to sbd. reading the removal bug (CCed), e.g. a
>   ftpmaster, this is the link for this second thread:
>
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2004/08/msg00068.html

Since this, I've adopted distributed-net and (apropos ftp-master
removing the outdated architectures - see #258401 and #177134) it is fit
for release now.

There are still a few things I want to do (like a major overhaul and I
have some notions for a mechanism for checking for upstream updates
which need further thought) but a couple of weeks from release is not
the time :)

Loic Le Guyader expressed interest in adopting both distributed-net and
distributed-net-pproxy.  I pinged him about a week before I formally
adopted distributed-net with an offer to sponsor, I'm pinging again now.

If Loic wants to take both packages, I'm happy to give him
distributed-net and sponsor them both for him.  If not then I think we
should remove -pproxy from the archive.  I have neither the time nor the
interest to maintain it.

Cheers,
Stephen