Re: PTS: Binary packages not listed

at> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
>> > Is not possible build the control  file in configure target, before the build?
>>
>> That won't help, since a source package should on rebuild not be
>> functionally different, I don't see why it isn't possible to do stuff in
>> the clean target that can already be done later on.
at> Well the clean target brings the building directory in the shape it is
at> in the source tarball.  The sense of our debian/control template
at> is just to be clean of any binary target information.  Thus the clean
at> target has the task to *remove* the information we need in the next
at> step to obtain a *.dsc file with all information.  The only solution
at> would be a hook inbetween building the source tarball and the *.dsc
at> creation.

Did you looked at kernel-wedge package? this is used to build the
kernel image for debian-installer and doesn't it right fine. This is
called to build the needed files *before* you built the package.

[]s

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116