Re: PTS: Binary packages not listed

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 08:53:57AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
> > dpkg-source -b should create this file AFAIK. I'm not sure where this
> > program is called however. I see a reference to it in dpkg-buildpackage
> > but that's all right now.
> You are right here and I found out that source tarball and .dsc file are
> created in one call like
>
>      make -f debian/rules clean
>      cd ..; dpkg-source -b <build-dir>; cd <build-dir>
>      make -f debian/rules build
>
> The problem is that when using the cdd-dev package to build meta packages
> the clean target creates a raw template of the debian/control file which
> is expanded in the build target to the control file which is used later on
> to build the right dependencies (which depend from the target distribution
> which you build the meta packages for - that's why we are not able to go
> with hard coded dependencies).

Policy says the Binary: header should list all packages that _could_ be
build (but not necessarily are, for example, the xfree86 source package
lists xserver-xfree86, but it isn't build on s390). So, you should make
the clean target to put in debian/control the union of packages that
are build across all archs with this meta-package, and then all is fine.

--Jeroen
--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl