Re: NCO maintainer MIA

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.  I was out of town last week at a conference, and I
have only now managed to tackle the large amount of email in my mailbox.

Earlier this spring, I had sincerely hoped to be able to spend the
necessary time to get my packages updated, particularly nco and
pcmcia-cs.  Unfortunately, an unexpected personal emergency involving my
family has prevented me from doing this.

NCO is being actively developed upstream, and since I no longer use
NetCDF as frequently since beginning my new job last year.  I do not
have the time to sufficiently maintain it.  I would be pleased to hand
over maintenance of the package to Charlie or Rorik.

The pcmcia-cs package also needs significant work.  Although I managed
to fix numerous bugs in November, I have not been able to go through the
laborious process of building a new set of modules.  Since Per Olofsson
has demonstrated high interest in this set of packages by corresponding
on numerous bug reports, I recommend that he assume maintainership
of the package.  This package is very dear to me, since I have put
in a considerable amount of work in the seven years that I actively
maintained it.  I would be honored to serve in an advisory role in the
maintainership of this package; however, I simply do not have the time
and resources now to build all of the sets of modules that are required.

With nco and pcmcia-cs out of the way, my workload is much reduced.  I
should be able to handle the work required to maintain the remaining set
of packages, which also have suffered neglect, since I have regarded
them as lower priority than the two mentioned above.

I am terribly sorry for the delay, and I am sorry that I have been
unavailable for much of the spring.  I am now available to answer
questions and provide help or resources (such as the CVS repositories
that I have maintained).

Thank you,
Brian