Re: Makeing Debian more secure - sign binaries with elfsign?

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:55:15AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> Heh, I don't know much more, just that prelinking busts the checksum of a
> binary. I've had a quick look at the licence, and I think it's currently
> unsuitable as DFSG-free, but I just dropped the upstream maintainer an email
> asking him if he'd like to relicense it (the GPL would serve the same
> purpose as his current licence I think).

Just heard back from upstream re licence, and he's happy to relicense it
under the Artistic licence, so it should be cool to package. I might file an
ITP once he's released a new tarball. I've also floated the idea of shipping
elfsign and elfverify in one source tarball as something like
elf-signatures.

regards

Andrew