Re: What about removing mozilla-snapshot from unstable as well?

* Martin Quinson <mquinson@ens-lyon.fr> [2004-03-11 09:43]:
> Lastest upload of this package was on 2003-10-02 (version
> 0.0.20031002.13.trunk-1). Since then, mozilla had 6 releases, so I think
> there is no need for such an ancient cvs release, even in unstable.
> Moreover, I have the feeling that this package is exactly the category that
> shouldn't come out of experimental.
>
> Moreover, mozilla-snapshot is outdated on 4 archs, and have the following
> bugs:
>     * Severity
>           o 4 Grave functionality bugs
> 	  o 3 Serious policy violations
[...]

> I think that this package should be removed from Debian, but that's
> only my personal advice. Another solution would be to move it to
> experimental, and do some sort of mass bug triage.

I agree it sohuld probably be removed and a mozilla CVS or
mozilla-snapshot package uploaded to experimental.  Since the
maintainer is actively uploading packages (e.g. recently mozilla), I'd
prefer for him to say what should happen with mozilla-snapshot - but
unfortunately I've always had a hard time getting any response from
Takuo. :/   Let's CC him and hope he'll respond.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com