Re: how to resolve a bug?

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 12:21:59AM +0100, P.B.van.den.Berg wrote:

> Some points arising:
> 1. The maintainer does recognize that speedtouch depends on libatm1,
> because that
> is stated in ppp's README.Debian (speedtouch needs the pppoatm.so plugin):

The ppp package already suggests libatm1, meaning that you may install it
(and may gain additional functionality), but it is not required.

Is speedtouch useless without libatm1?  If so, it should depend on it.  If
not, it should not.

> 3.  It seems to be very easy for a maintainer to resolve a bug report, but
> I did not find a possibility to reopen it.

There are instructions on bugs.debian.org.

> 4. The second part of my report is skipped.

If you are reporting more than one bug, you should do so in separate bug
reports, so that they can be dealt with separately.

--
 - mdz