Re: maintainership of binutils

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 06:12:18PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> Chris, the binutils changelog indicates that the package has been left
> unmaintained for quite some time:
>
>  - 209 days with RC bugs.
>  - 13 consecutive NMUs.
>  - last maintainer upload dates 7 months ago.
>
> Do you still want to maintain this package? If you don't, I suggest that we
> either orphan it or find another maintainer.
>
> Any comments from the QA people?

This QA person thinks that Matthias Klose knows what he's doing and
seems to be doing a reasonable job, so perhaps you should talk to him
first ...

(BTW, it hasn't been 209 days with RC bugs, because #180679 was only
upgraded to serious 15 days ago. It's not clear to me that #204615 ought
to be grave.)