Re: RFS: g5: GTK+-based five-in-a-row game

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 12:58:58PM -0500, Alexander Winston wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 05:08, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 11:00:21PM -0500, Alexander Winston wrote:
> > > g5 (0.2-5) unstable; urgency=low
> > >   * Morphed into a native Debian package.
> >
> > Why?
>
> From what I read, native Debian packages are not as complicated to
> maintain.

The difference in ease of maintenance is negligible, and arguable.

> Since upstream has disappeared, I thought this would be better. Please
> correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

You should only make something a native Debian package if it was written
specifically for Debian. It's pretty much always wrong to take something
that has had a separate upstream life and make it native.