Re: New status report page for DDTP's descriptions

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>, Mon 15 Sep 2003 09:36 +0200:

> First when you want to make sure that I (as
> owner@packages.qa.debian.org) see your mail please write to me directly
> (or at least CC me) ...

Sorry, but I wasn't able to find the webmaster's email on qa.debian.org
site.

> The new page lacks all the interesting links allowing you to request the
> translation by mail (in order to update it/correct it).

I added a link for each original/translated description that allows the
reader to request that description for reviewing.

> It also doesn't show all the translations from other binary packages
> contained in the same source package ...

I slightly changed the CGI interface.  It now accepts the following
values for parameter "type":

- bin-src: shows binary (first) and source (then) packages that match
the search (default value)

- bin: shows binary packages only

- src: shows source packages only

- src-drvbin: shows source packages and their derived binaries.
Packages are grouped by source package first and then by name.

It's needless to say that the latter is the value for the "type"
parameter that should suit you.

> Any similar page should invite all visitors to complete the work by
> sending the translation that they can do and for this you must provide
> simple links to get started in the process.

You're right.  Though, I'm reluctant to add a link for translation.
IMO, it'd create a heap of casual translators with just one or two
active translations, probably unmaintained.  That's way I didn't add the
link you requested at first.

--
Lorenzo Cappelletti  -  Webmaster at http://ddtp.debian.org/
The Debian Description Translation Project