Re: New status report page for DDTP's descriptions

Hi,

Le Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 01:25:39AM +0200, Lorenzo Cappelletti écrivait:
> we at DDTP site wrote a new CGI script which hopefully displays a nicer
> and more compliant report page about translated Debian descriptions
> (i.e., pdesc).
>
> Since you provide a link to our pages, I write you this email in order
> to show you how to access our new pages.

First when you want to make sure that I (as
owner@packages.qa.debian.org) see your mail please write to me directly
(or at least CC me) ...

Concerning your new page, it isn't ready yet... I took a quick look and
it doesn't provide everything that makes the actual page interesting.

Just compare:
- old: http://ddtp.debian.org/cgi-bin/ddtp.cgi?part=pdesc&package=sympa
- new:
  http://ddtp.debian.org/stats/pdesc/report.cgi?package=sympa&lang=all&type=src&subword=0

The new page lacks all the interesting links allowing you to request the
translation by mail (in order to update it/correct it). It also doesn't
show all the translations from other binary packages contained in the
same source package ...

Any similar page should invite all visitors to complete the work by
sending the translation that they can do and for this you must provide
simple links to get started in the process.

Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
Earn money with free software: http://www.geniustrader.org