QA group best practice?
I want to supply a patch to #202416 (developers-reference: mention QA in NMU
section). So I hunted around to find the list of best practices for QA
uploads that I could base my update on. But I can't find any. So, I'm
going to make some up.
Firstly, if this stuff is anywhere I've missed, that has all these sorts of
things, please apply a sharp *thwap* with a URL.
* All changelogs should start with an entry "QA Upload".
* Version numbering should be standard maintainer style, not NMU style.
* Ensure that the Maintainer field is set to "Debian QA Group
* Subscribe (at least temporarily) to the PTS list for the package after the
upload, in case your upload causes severe haemmhoraging.
* Make sure you keep the comments in the BTS up to date. If you're working
on a fix, say so. If you've got an upload in the pipeline, tag the bug
pending. This minimises duplicated effort, and keeps a record of work done
(as such, I think it's better than coordinating on -firstname.lastname@example.org, which was my
other possible suggestion).
I'm planning on making a short speil on QA uploads to put into the
developers' reference to satisfy #202416. I'm more varied about putting the
full rulebook into the dev-ref. Should we give QA a higher priority by
putting more about it into DR, or should most of it stay on qa.debian.org?