Need help: difficult NM / requestor

Hi,

most of you know that I'm currently cleaning up wnpp. I get mostly
positive response, even from persons whom RFP/ITP is going to be
closed/retitled (something like: "You're right, I stopped packaging
long ago, so better retitle. If I restart, I can retitle back."). With
this I'm happy with cleaning up and getting overall nice answers.
Thanks to the enthusiasts out there for this.

But, I have one difficult case: I started the usual procedure with skel
-- collection of various skeleton projects for C/C++,
http://bugs.debian.org/89910 . In this case I need help/advices from
senior DDs.

I got response (privatly) from the original submitter / ITPer that he
thinks that his code is usefull. I asked him why he didn't fullfill
his ITP and accepted retiteling and hinted him to entering the
benefits of this package to debian to the BTS (and said that he can
easily convince me of usefullness with doing the packaging).

I got mail without any answer to any of my questions, but instead that
he is just waiting for DAM-approvation and that I should sponsor him.
I asked in my reply the questions:
| Where is the ready package for upload? When have you asked for
| sponsorship on debian-mentors? Why is the location not mentioned in
| the bug log? Why didn't you oppose the retiteling to RFP? (Note: If
| there is not a very good answers to the last two questions, I would
| recommend to every DD to not sponsor your upload, as MIA is one of the
| most major problems of debian.

I got answer that he is not MIA, package is not ready for upload (but
upload is planned after becoming a DD, because it take too long to
find sponsors), that I didn't understood anything from what he wrote,
that I should not touching this RFP if I'm not helping and that he
doesn't want help from anyone who isn't respectfull and so I should
correct my tone. (I'm not putting his original sentences here because
I don't want to resend private mail written by him to debian-qa.)

After looking at
http://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=erayo%40cs.bilkent.edu.tr
I don't believe that he is ever becoming a DD (and after the
discussion with him by mail I think that's also better). Well, he was
also the example in the recent discussion on d-d that DAM currently
doesn't reject people who don't have a real chance to get into debian,
but stalls their acceptance process.

I'm far too new to debian to be able to handle this problem. I don't
believe the package will ever get into debian (at least with this
attitude), and - when speaking plainly - I don't see any use of it. It
doesn't hurt me to get the RFP open, but that would only be moving the
problem to another day when nothing has changed.

So, what to do?

Cheers,
Andi
--