Re: New wnpp tag: Request For (Co-Maintainer|Help|Whatever)

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 13:31, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:
> I was wandering about that kind of bug. It should mean that a maintainer (or a
> group of) is looking for more volunteer fo a kind of packge.
>
> It's not really a RFA, and it should probably have its own place on
> w.d.o/devel/wnpp page.

(Please ensure you CC to me)

My only concern is this might not work. I think most co-maintainance
comes out either because of a personal friendship (and trust) between
two people so that the maintainer doesnt mind the co-maintainer making
uploads if the maintainer is busy. The other situation that i see is
when someone comes forward, by actively helping to fix bugs and improve
a package through necessity as they use it. This means the co-maintainer
really is interested in actively maintaining the package successfully.

I'm not really sure if there is a niche for this kind of bug within
WNPP. However, something similar with people offering to take
apprentices, say from NM or new developers, as co-maintainers. This
would allow NMs to get experiance maintaining usually larger and more
compilcated packages with help of a more experianced developer. That i
think would be quite beneficial.

Cheers,

Rob
--