Re: Brian Ristuccia MIA?

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:15:58PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> While searching through the RC bug list I found the package bnc
> wich has an RC bug ("no Build-Depends"), maintainer is
> Brian Ristuccia (brianr@osiris.978.org). He has three packages,
> all have the same bug (but at the other packages it is not at
> RC severity yet). All have been not
> uploaded for over a year.
>
> Is anything known here about this packages here or should I investigate
> this?
> And should I raise the severity of the other bugs?

Yep, I think so - no Build-Depends sucks arse, and there's no reason not to
have them by now.

I don't think Brain is MIA, though - there's a post from him as recently as
July '03
http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2003/debian-newmaint-200307/msg00070.html

So just get those bug reports rolling, preferably with patches.  Maybe try
and contact Brian personally and find out whether he's planning on actually
doing anything with those packages.

- Matt