Re: translations about qa.debian.org

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 03:57:05PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 07:14:11PM +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> >  Just a simple question -
> >
> >  Is content language in qa.debian.org only English?
> >  (there is no translations?)
> >
> >  and if I want to translate it, what is needed?
>
> As far as I can see, the source code is available from
> http://cvs.debian.org/wml/?cvsroot=qa
>
> but it lacks a support for i18n. That would easy to do, moving the current
> content to an english/ subdir, and creating other directories for the other
> languages, taking what is needed from the main site makefiles...

Patches might be accepted here, as long as we do the moves in such a way
as to preserve history in CVS.

However, I have no idea how translations could be updated regularly; the
qa CVS repository is restricted to group qa, not the usual group webwml.

Somebody would have to figure out how to deal with the various
dynamically generated pages on qa.debian.org as well. To be honest, I
think it might be more trouble than it's worth, considering (as you say)
the expected audience.