Re: http://qa.debian.org/fhs.html

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 03:00:45PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> This page does not seem to be uptodate. It lists 3 packages, and when
> I look further, only one of them seems to still contain /usr/doc or
> /usr/man stuff.
>
> gtklp seems to follow the FHS since version 0.9n-1 (20 Jun 2002)

fhs.html quite clearly states:

  Note that the Contents-*.gz files used to generate this scoreboard may
  be a little out of date, although some overrides are in place.

gtklp will disappear whenever the Contents-*.gz files for each
architecture get updated, which is usually roughly weekly.

> siagoffice-common seems also to follow the FHS (diff.gz contains
> modifications to move man to /usr/share/man),

Again, please read fhs.html more carefully. It clearly says:

  These figures track sarge, the current testing distribution.

The fixed version of siagoffice-common is not yet in testing:

  siagoffice-common |    3.5.1-1 |       testing | alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
  siagoffice-common |    3.5.5-1 |      unstable | all

> Yet, the version available in main of nsd contains
>  usr/man/man8/nsd.8.gz
>  usr/man/man8/nsdc.8.gz
>  usr/man/man8/zonec.8.gz

Your mirror is out of date, and the fixed version of nsd (1.0.3-2) is
not yet in testing.

> So, I reopened the bug #199652 to ask for a rebuild and an upload of the
> right binary,

No, you're mistaken; please close it again.

> (and remove that buggy page from the qa webserver :)

No. I spotted the recently introduced nsd problem because fhs.html told
me about it.