Re: xscreensaver/login/passwd developer MIA

Thanks, I'll take a look at some of the bugs & the patches on some of the files - whatever diffs are there I'm sure are mostly leftover from KCR's packages, but I didn't go through and actually clean them out - I've basically just been updating & cleaning things as needed.

Colin Walters wrote:
I took a look at your xscreensaver packages. Some comments:
I don't see why you patch hacks/speedmine.c; the optimization you make
(turning a division by two into a right bitshift by 1) is generally
going to be made by GCC anyways.

Your diff includes po/.intltool-merge-cache, which probably isn't
intentional.

Now, you should change the version number to 4.05-1.1, since this is a
NMU.  I suggest just merging all your changelog entries since Colin
Watson's upload together, since they weren't actually part of Debian.

Finally, there are a lot of open bugs against xscreensaver.  Could you
go through some of the list and see which ones are closed by this new
upstream version?  I imagine a lot of them will be.