Re: PlPlot (Was: Release-critical Bugreport for February 8, 2002)

* Tille, Andreas <TilleA@rki.de> [2002-02-08 14:45]:

> PlPlot has six open bugs.  All of them are older than 200 days.  All
> of them seem to be easy to fix.  Threee of them are serious and thus RC.
>
> There is a brand new version out
>
>      http://plplot.sourceforge.net/announce-plplot-5.1.0.html
>
> I'm going for vacation now.  When I'm back and resettled here I think
> I'm going to NMU.  I think packaging the new version would make sense
> (just to close even the wishlist bug).
>
> If anybody else wants to step in here please let me know.

Thanks for your proposal.  I am aware of the long-standing bugs in my PLplot
packages.  I am participating to the upstream developement of PLplot at
SourceForge and the Debian stuff is even at the CVS repository.

I have had hectic times these last months, because I switched jobs and
moved from one country to another.  I would really prefer that no NMU is
done, since I have very specific changes to do in the packages.  In
particular, there is a new dynamic loading mechanism for teh drivers that
will have impact in the packaging.

The dust have not yet settled on my side, but packaging the 5.1.0 release is
at the top of my ToDo list.  If you do not hear anything from me in, say,
one month from now, go ahead and do the NMU, if you see fit.

--
Rafael