PlPlot (Was: Release-critical Bugreport for February 8, 2002)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, BugScan reporter wrote:

> Bug stamp-out list for Feb  8 05:03 (CST)
>
> Total number of release-critical bugs: 408
> Number that will disappear after removing packages marked [REMOVE]: 0
>
> Package: plplot (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@icp.inpg.fr>
>   92344  [       ] plplot: build-depends on non-existent package
>   98119  [       ] plplot: broken Build-Depends: syntax

PlPlot has six open bugs.  All of them are older than 200 days.  All
of them seem to be easy to fix.  Threee of them are serious and thus RC.

There is a brand new version out

     http://plplot.sourceforge.net/announce-plplot-5.1.0.html

I'm going for vacation now.  When I'm back and resettled here I think
I'm going to NMU.  I think packaging the new version would make sense
(just to close even the wishlist bug).

If anybody else wants to step in here please let me know.

Kind regards

         Andreas.