Re: Bugs that need help

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 07:50:52PM -0500, Mark Eichin wrote:
> Why is 116063 on the release-critical bugs list? I was walking through
> the list looking for things to help out with... but blender is in
> non-free, and therefore not *in* the release, so by definition isn't
> release critical, even if it is grave...

You're misunderstanding the term "release-critical". What it means is that
this bug must be fixed before that package can be released. Of course,
if we can't release without that package, then we can't release at all
until that bug's fixed, but there aren't that many packages we can't
release without.

The two serious bugs against glibc (130922, 131216) and the grave bug
against base-passwd (130735) fall squarely into the latter category,
as do bugs against the other base and standard packages; bugs against
most packages don't.

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://linux.conf.au/