Re: When should the BTS help tag be used?

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 08:41:34PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * David Schmitt <david@schmitt.edv-bus.at> [2002-02-01 15:21]:
> > Just a bit brainstorming:
> >
> > 1) Sortable by age/severity, to help finding packages which should be
> >    NMU'd
> > 2) 'patch'-tagged bugs: Interested parties can try those patches and
> >    report success/problems. See 1)
> > 3) Hide 'upstream' bugs. Supposedly, they are worked on by someone
> >    outside of Debian.
> > 4) View 'upstream' bugs. Check whether they are already fixed upstream.
> > 5) BTW why isn't there a 'build' tag? I see quite a few build-related
> >    help-tagged bugs on bts-help:
>
> We should get http://bugs.qa.d.o soon, hosted on master so we can
> access the bug information much better.  I guess if we still want the
> things listed above, we should file wishlist bugs either on qa.do or
> bugs.do (4, for example, looks likes a bugs.do thing to me, for
> example).

4) is already possible: append &include=upstream to a pkgreport.cgi URL
(unless you're talking about all upstream bugs, in which case it can be
done in the same way as the current help/unreproducible/security pages).
Similarly, 3) is possible by appending &exclude=upstream.

The sortable-by-severity stuff is doable using
http://bugs.debian.org/~cjwatson/severity.cgi, which I hope to
eventually get around to moving somewhere semi-official once bugs.qa.d.o
is created.