Re: Orphaned packages in testing which were never in stable

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Further, it's still not clear why these packages should be kept in sid,
> if they aren't suitable for woody and no one is interested in
> maintaining them.
I think it is no valit assumption that no one is interested in
maintaining them just because they are not maintained.  Perhaps some
time constraints prevent maintainers from taking those packages.
So I see no problem to let the packages stay in sid and do not
remove "the knowledge how to package them bug free".  This is
a valuable resource and does not harm anything.

Kind regards

         Andreas.