Re: Adopting clisp

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 11:06:45PM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> Hi, I'm in the process of adopting the clisp package (GNU Common Lisp). It
> has some portability issues that I understand have been discussed on this
> list before. I would be interested to know if anyone has any immediate
> thoughts on the future of the package e.g. if I should for now make the
> package Architecture: i386.

Judging from what I gather from porters, making packages Architecture:
i386 isn't generally a great idea. From the point of view of the
release, getting it to build cleanly on all architectures where it's
built before is sufficient; if new architectures can be added later, so
much the better.

I'd leave it as Architecture: any and let porters or users of other
architectures file bugs if they experience problems.

> My latest patch does fix the RC bugs (not using -fPIC on hppa) but I
> have not yet investigated the other portability issues.

Great! Please take it off our hands. :)