Re: lirc package maintenance

* Edward Betts <edward@debian.org> [20010417 08:04]:
> > I am currently woking in the lirc project and need up to date lirc
> > packages, as Tom Lees
>
> How long has Tom been MIA? Has he expressed an interest in continuing to
> maintain the package?

Well, strictly speaking, he's not MIA.  He responded to my e-mail and
said he would fix (which he didn't).  But if you look at his bug
pagess or his packages, well, ... there are many (unnecessary) open
bugs.  Some people simply went ahead a hicked some of his packages
(cvs, lvm) so far, and I personally wouldn't mind seeing other
packages from him being hijacked.

Having said that, I assume NMUing and then taking over if the
situation doesn't approve sounds reasonable imho.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com