lirc package maintenance

Hello all,

I am currently woking in the lirc project and need up to date lirc
packages, as Tom Lees is somewhat MIA Martin Michlmayr sujested taking
the packages from him.

Then what should I do:

 1) NMU: even though policy talks agains NMU's making big changes?
 2) Adopt the package (what if Tom keeps saying he will update it and
    doesn't?)
 3) ???

 I guess that I should do 1) for a while and eventualy 2) if Tom doesn't
 take it over.

 Please, I am new to the project and need a bit of guidance.

 Thanks for a great job

 	Manuel

--
--- Manuel Estrada Sainz <ranty@debian.org>