Re: qa issues with qa.debian.org/man-pages

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 12:30:27PM -0700, Hugo Graumann wrote:
> Hi, I have some mild issues with the undocumented manpages listed
> on http://qa.debian.org/man-pages.html.
>
> There seem to be both false positives and negatives on the page.

This is because the lintian report it's based on hasn't been updated
recently, partly because it's not clear if the automatic archive-wide
lintian runs are working properly yet.

> Some items on the page already have man pages. For instance,
> all the items listed under gmt have manpages in the gmt-manpages package.

Chances are those will continue to be listed as false positives at least
by lintian, since gmt and gmt-manpages are in different source packages.

> Short of installing Woody, is there any way to tell which of these
> manpages exist now? I tried to do a search of package contents on the
> Debian website, but it occurred to me that package contents for foo.1.gz
> that are links to undocumented.* would show up looking like foo.1.gz,
> so there is no way to tell from there.

http://lintian.debian.org/ may help. Look for the
'binary-without-manpage' and 'link-to-undocumented-manpage' tags.